Our School Uniform
At Littleton Green Community School, our children are proud to be members of our school and wear our uniform. The uniform has been designed to be practical for a primary school while reflecting the high standards expected at school – it is to be worn with pride at all times.
We feel that it is important that children learn to dress smartly and appropriately. They grow up at Littleton Green understanding that most secondary schools and later in life, businesses, require smart, professional dress.
We look to parents to work with the school to ensure that children come to school always maintaining a high standard of dress and with at least a minimum of the correct colours in their clothing.
School Uniform Requirements
All children are expected to wear uniform:
- a purple jumper or cardigan;
- Year 6 only – Purple Blazer (provided by the school)
- a plain white shirt;
- black school-style trousers, skirt or pinafore;
- black socks/tights;
- plain black shoes. For safety, no walking boots, open-toe, high-heels, platforms or roller shoes.
- Black school-style shorts may be worn all year round;
- In summer, from the start of the Summer term until the Autumn half-term, purple and white gingham-style summer dresses may also be worn;
To allow outdoor play to take place in wet weather, pupils are expected to have suitable warm and waterproof clothing in school:
- a change of shoes for the field;
- waterproofs – this may be a jacket, coat or suit;
- a warm fleece, jumper or cardigan;
- winter hat and sun hat (optional);
- scarves and gloves (optional);
- wellie boots (optional).
Branded and/or designer items of clothing are not to be worn.
PE kit / ‘uniform’ is worn for the whole day on a child’s allocated PE day. These arrangements minimise lost property and maximise time taking part in sport and exercise rather than changing kit. PE uniform to be worn to school:
- purple T-shirt (round necked) with school logo / plain purple T-shirt;
- dark jogging bottoms;
- black PE shorts;
- plain dark trainers.
Jogging bottoms or shorts may be worn for outdoor sessions all through the year; shorts to be worn for indoor sessions. Shorts may be worn under jogging bottoms.
- One-piece costume and swimming cap or trunks.
- swimming/ cap.
Branded and/or designer items and football kits are not to be worn.
When purchasing new items, please check uniform expectations.
Items with the school logo may be purchased from our supplier Crested School Wear. Please visit in-store or click the link below for the online shop.
Crested School Wear Cannock
67 High Grn
Littleton Green Community School – Crested School Wear
All other items without the school logo may be purchased anywhere.
Below is a link for online purchases on logo free uniform:
Amazon.co.uk : uniform children purple trutex
Second-hand uniform is available for sale throughout the year at our Winter and Summer Fairs and at Hednesford Salvation Army Uniform Bank.
All items of clothing need to be named and children need to be encouraged at home and school to take care of their own property.
Hair & Jewellery
Hair must be neat and tidy (covered, plaited or in a ponytail if long).
Extreme colours, styles or hair accessories that undermine the ethos of the school will not be permitted.
No make-up or nail polish is allowed.
Small stud earrings or religious items required by the child’s faith may be worn.
No other items of jewellery are allowed.
1. Children do not require large school bags or additional equipment.
2. All basic equipment e.g. pencils, rulers, handwriting pens, and colouring pencils is provided by the school. Any additional equipment brought in is at families’ own risk.
3. Lunchboxes should be named and then will be stored in the allocated areas and taken home every day.
4. Water bottles should be named and they will be kept in the classroom other than when taken outside/to the hall for sports activities. Children are encouraged to drink water and should not bring other drinks into school.
Loss & Damage
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to an individual’s personal property.