Pupil Premium Strategy- September 2017
The school’s strategy in respect of the pupil premium for the current academic year reflects the recommended practice in the NFER document ‘Supporting the Attainment of Disadvantaged Pupils, Success & Good Practice (November 2015) and the needs of the children within this setting. The school’s approach focuses on
1. Support: Pupil premium families require the social and emotional support to ensure that the children attend school frequently. This creates a positive approach to both the school, education and ensures that children enter the classroom exhibiting effective behaviour for learning.
2. High quality teaching and learning for all Children are provided with opportunities to learn through experience, self-reflection. They shall receive focussed and proportionate high quality teaching from all adults in the classroom.
The way in which this money is spent on our learners reflects those barriers to educational achievement faced by pupil premium learners at Littleton Green Community School. The school will be focusing on:
1. Early intervention to increase understanding of phonics in year 1/2
2. Cultivating learning behaviours
3. Improving attainment in core areas
4. Improving attendance
5. Broadening the range of experiences that the children have access to.
The pupil premium allocation is used to address the barriers identified above and presented in the Pupil Premium Action Plan 2017-2018. This is reviewed on a termly basis with the designated Local Academy Council member for Pupil Premium who will consequently present the findings to the full Local Academy Council.
The 'Pupil Premium' is a sum of money allocated to schools according to the number of children who have ever been entitle to a free school meal; children who are adopted or in care; or who are children of parents in the armed services. The government's intention is for schools to use these monies to 'close the performance gap' by tackling any disadvantage and inequality of opportunity in society.
News from Barat coming soon...